The Tutor Prize
Every year, DM awards the Tutor Prize to support a good learning environment and reward the tutors who put forth the extra effort to help new students as they enter university.
Every year during the start of the study in August and September, new students can pay tribute to their tutors by nominating them for this year's Tutor Award. The award has been awarded every year since 2008, and an acknowledgment of the great work the tutors do to ensure new students a good start to student life. Local winners will be announced at KU, RUC, SDU, AAU, and AU as well as one national winner. The local winners receive a check of DKK 2,500 and the national winner receives a check of DKK 10,000.
The winners of the tutor prize 2020
The winners of the National Tutor Award 2020 were the tutors from Cognitive Science from Aarhus University.
The local tutor award winners from the other universities were the tutors from:
- Kommunikation og Digitale Medier from Aalborg University
- Musikvidenskab from the University of Copenhagen
- 45.3 (humanistisk bachelor) from Roskilde University – RUC
- Klinisk biomekanik (kiropraktoruddannelsen) from the University of Southern Denmark
What is considered when selecting the winners?
- Good tutors help their students get off to a good start
- Good tutors see opportunities in their students
- Good tutors unleash their students' potential
- Good tutors create a feeling of security